- Make sure the computer you are using has a PDF reader as all electronic reserves are in PDF format. All computers in the University Libraries have Adobe Acrobat already installed. Adobe Acrobat Reader is a free download available at http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep.html.
- Access University Libraries home page.
- Click on CardCat. NOTE: you must login to CardCat using your BSU username and password to access course reserves.
- Click on the Course Reserves link in the blue bar at the top of CardCat page.
- Enter search criteria in text box (recommend using Instructor's name)
- Click on hyperlink that matches search criteria (Instructor)
- Locate desired reserve from displayed list and Click on the Details button on the left. Reserve information including the URL will be displayed.
- Click on the URL
- Enter your BSU username and password if prompted.
- Click OK.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader will launch and display the document
More information specific to Electronic Reserves can be located on the Course Reserves page titled “Search for Items on Reserve.”
OR view a tutorial in either PDF or PowerPoint format.