The SHSL has a small collection of DVDs. They focus on science education and are generally used by faculty in the classroom but can be checked out by students as well.
DVD Titles Currently in the SHSLClick on the link to view the CardCat records.
Cutting and splicing DNA
(DVD Video 2245)
Evolution, the evidence for modern ideas on evolution
(DVD Video 2233-2243)
(DVD Video 2283)
(specifically for use by the Planetarium)
(DVD Video 32, 35-38, 1439-1441)
Video Encyclopedia of Physics Demonstrations
(DVD Video 1492, v1-26)
Circulation & Booking
The DVDs in the
CardCat Call No. Search
Because the collection grows and changes, you may want to check CardCat to get a list of all the DVDs currently available in the
- Go to CardCat and click on Call No. Search (the default is a Basic Search).
- Enter “DVD Video 32” in the Call Number field.
- Select “Science-Health Science Library” from the Library drop-down menu.
- Select “Accession Call Number” from the Call Number Type menu.
- Select “Science-Health Science Library” from the Location menu.
- Select “DVD videos” from the Format menu.
- Click Search.
You can also use the Libraries Media Finders to locate specific video titles, their locations, and their availability. Click here to find the finders. You can also access the Media Finders from either the University Libraries main page or the Student Virtual Library. Look for the link "Music, Movies, Software" under the "Find..." menu.
In order to find DVDs that might be in the SHSL, make sure to use the media finder called “videorecordings (all)” – the one titled “movies and tv programs” searches for fiction only.