This service is not part of the print allocation of 500 pages per semester. Instead, this will work like the current copy machine service where copies are paid for at the time of printing via the vend machine by cash or copy card (copy cards can be purchased from the Science Librarian for exact change of $1).
- Black and white prints: $0.10 per 8.5"x11" area ($0.06 per page with a copy card)
- Color prints: $0.25 per 8.5"x11" area
- Supported file formats: PDF, JPG, and TIFF. Any Word, PowerPoint, or other documents will need to be converted to one of these formats before they can be printed.
- Drive formatting must be in FAT or FAT32.
- Non-standard or compressed files may not print.
- Memory devices with security features (eg password protection) may not be accessible.
- Go to any Ricoh copier.
- If necessary, press the "Energy Saver" button to wake up the device.
- Insert storage device (either flash drive or SD card) into the appropriate slot on the left side of the touch screen panel.
- On the touch screen, press the "Printer" icon.
- Find and press the button labeled "Print from Memory Storage Device."
- On the next screen, press the large button picturing your type of storage device.
- A list of the files and folders on your storage device will appear. Select the file or touch the folder to open it and then select the file.
- If you want to change the defaults printing settings, press the button on the right side of the screen labeled "Detailed Settings" to configure and confirm settings.
- Press the "Start Printing" button.
- If you have not already inserted money or a copy card (copy cards are for sale from the Science Librarian for $1 in exact change) in the vend unit (aka "coin box"), you will be prompted to do so before your file will print.