We are very happy to announce that on Friday, 27 May 2016, color printing arrived in the Science-Health Science Library (SHSL).
After many years of this being our most frequently asked question, this service is now available through our copy machine for the same fee as color printing in Bracken: $0.25 per 8.5"x11" area. Paper sizes available are letter (8.5"x11"), legal (8.5"x14"), and ledger (11"x17").
Here's how you do it:
- Login to a public access computer (PAC)
- Obtain a document to print
- From the print menu, select the COLOR_PRINT_SHSL printer (the default in the SHSL is printer 9) (NOTE: this is also where you set it to print double-sided if you want)
- A dialogue box will appear asking you to name your file
- Click PRINT
- Go to the copy machine - you may have to wake it up by pressing and holding the "energy saver" button
- Tap on the PRINTER icon
- Look for your BSU username on the bottom half of the screen, it should appear there as a button
- Tap your username button
- Find and tap your file's button
- Add money to the vend unit (ie cash/coins up to a $5 bill or copy cards)
- Press the START button on the copy machine
- That's it! Collect your print job from the copy machine